Here is what I am currently working with (nothing has been overclocked):
- MSI K9A Platinum Motherboard
- AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- VisionTek Radeon X1650 Pro (1278 MB Total available graphics memory)
- 2 x 500 GB Maxtor 7200 RPM HDD
- Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC
- Memorex DVD-ROM RW Drive
- Razar Barracuda AC-1 Gaming Audio Card
- Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit — UAC off, no other tweaks)
- C: is one large partition for the OS, Data, and other Applications
- E: is one large partition for all Game Installs
I will refer back to this post if I need to reference the way I had things set up.
In general though, the reason I am basically blowing the whole thing up is that as of right now, the E drive is under utilized, the OS is on one partition (I will explain further in another post why I don’t like this), and there is zero fault tolerance on the system (meaning if my HDD carrying my OS crashed, I would have to get a backup and completely re-install).